cancer care palm springs La Quinta cancer treatment palm springs cancer treatment cancer center



SITE MAP



INTRANETSITE ADMIN

Meeting Minutes for 10.10.17

THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF SETTLERS VILLAGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. HELD A BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2017 AT 6:30 PM AT THE SETTLERS VILLAGE CLUBHOUSE AT 6700 SETTLERS VILLAGE DRIVE, KATY, TX 77449

**************************************************************************************

DIRECTORS PRESENT: Director Kim D Rogers, Director Lance Berndt, Director Aungela Thomas, Director Tulibelle Igartua-Martinez, and Director Rick Davenport

ALSO, PRESENT: Sunni West with Crest Management.

CALL TO ORDER/QUORUM:

The meeting was called to order at 6:32 p.m. by Director Rogers. The agenda was unanimously approved and adopted as presented.

MINUTES:

The minutes of the July 17, 2017 meeting were reviewed and needed some corrections and will be approved at the next Board Meeting.

FINANCIALS:

The Crest Manager reviewed the August 2017 financials.

HOMEOWNER/GUEST FORUM:

Sweetwater Pools attended the meeting to talk to the Board about what was going on at the pool. The Board talked about the issues with the lifeguards during the summer and the bad attitude the lifeguards had with the homeowners and Board Members as well. The Board reported that an ice chest and water hose came up missing after the pool closed as well. They also reported that the lifeguards were closing the pool early to go home and one day they shut it down 4 hours early. There were questions about why the pumps needed to be replaced so soon and why the chemicals were being stored with the pumps. They put an extra storage area at the pool just for the chemicals and they are not to be put with the pumps in the pump room.

BUSINESS:

Entrances into the HOA- The new sign is up at the Fry Road location. Ms. West has received some emails about the entrances need some attention and the Board will talk about this for 2018.

New First Bank paperwork was filled out and given back to Mrs. West to send back.

Director Davenport was to check into a new 220 plug to help with the National Night out and other events held at the clubhouse. To many extension cords on the ground going all over the place.

The Board wanted to consider an electronic sign to put up at the clubhouse to let homeowners know of upcoming events. Mrs. West ask about how big they wanted the sign and if they wanted one sided or two? Board not sure about the size but one sided. The board needs to keep in mind how bright this sign is to make sure it doesn't shine into homes at night.

National night out was a big success and they had a big turnout. Movie Night is coming up and they will have popcorn, juice, water and cookies at this event on Saturday October 14th, Cookies with Santa was talked about and this event will run from 1:00 — 3:00pm at the clubhouse. The Board is wanting a Santa Chair for Santa to sit in. Director Rogers has already lined up Santa. Director Tulibelle is to do the decorations for the clubhouse, Director Rogers oversees Santa, Cookies, punch. Director Thomas is to fine a photographer to take pictures. Board is looking at December 9th.

Pool Contracts were looked at and the Board doesn't feel that Sweetwater did a good job this year. To many issues with the lifeguards, equipment and the pool never looked cleaned. They wanted to see if these companies would do the splash day and a movie night. Mrs. West would look into this and the Board liked Greater Houston the best only if they would do these two items at the pool_

Community Events — for 2018 the Movie Nights will be in February, May, August and October. The Board will pick the dates later. An Easter Egg event was talked about and they wanted to do pizza again for the opening day at the pool.

Crest Management was asked to send letters to the owners of the fields that are off FM 529 to mow and to upkeep that area. This is over grown and looks very bad.

The collection report was looked at next and the Board agreed to only send accounts that were four full years behind to the attorney's office. The legal status report was included in the Board packet for them to review.

The 2018 Budget and 2018 Assessments were looked at. Some changes were made to the budget for 2018 and the Board approved the budget with no increase to the Assessments.

The bid from Sweetwater to replace pump #3 was approved Board approved one lawsuit.

After a motion and a second, the Board unanimously approved to adjourn the meeting at 8:52 p.m.