FROM YOUR HOA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF SETTLERS VILLAGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. HELD A BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2017 AT 6:30 PM AT THE SETTLERS VILLAGE CLUBHOUSE AT 6700 SETTLERS VILLAGE DRIVE, KATY, TX 77449
PRESENT: Director Kim D Rogers, Director Lance Berndt, Director Aungela Thomas and Director Tulibelle Igartua-Martinez. Director Rick Davenport was absent.
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 p.m. by Director Rogers. The agenda was unanimously approved and adopted as presented. The minutes of the October 10, 2017 meeting were reviewed and approved. The Crest Manager reviewed the August 2017 financials.
Ron Heydon of Venture Landscape attended the meeting to talk to the Board about entrance upgrades. The Board instructed Venture to remove old plants and replace with flowers with lots of color. Tree Mulching is also needed. Breakfast with Santa was discussed along withthe Christmas lights judging. Awards of $100 for 1st place, $50 for @nd place and $25 for 3rd place were approved by the Board. The board also approved 5 $100 gift cards for the deputies on the contract. The Board set March 31, 2018 as the date for the Easter Egg hunt. The Board still needs to work out ime and events. Movie night will be February 17, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Popcorn, juice and water will be served butall kids have to be with someone 18 or older.
Entrances into the HOA- The Board is to consider the installation of 2 monument signs at the West Little York entrance now that the county has completed their work. The idea is to equip the signs with solar lighting since there is no poer to the area. There was no update provided in regards to the proposed electronic sign at the clubhouse.
The enxt Board Meeeting will be February 28 2018.
- Please remember that property owners are contractually obligated for both maintenance fees and for the maintenance of the property regarless if you choose to rent the property out. Please take the time to mow and edge your yard. Trim back the trees and bushes (which can also hide would-be burglars). Keep your fence in repair and the house painted as needed. If your sidewalk or drive-way needs repair, get it done before someone gets hurt and sends you a lawsuit for your inattention. Residents should be aware that the HOA fronts the legal expenses for deed restriction enforcement. But the Board will come back to the property owner for reimbursement of those costs which will include an assortment of expensive administrative fees.
- Please also be aware that trailers, boats, RVs must be stored out of sight on your property. The actual by-laws require them to be stored outside of Settlers Village but inside a closed garage or in the backyard as long as they are below the fence line and out of sight is also acceptable. Covering an item with a tarp is not acceptable. Nor are they allowed to be parked inthe street in front of your home. Derelict and wrecked vehicles are expressly prohibited.
- Please remember the rules regarding personal sign postings. Because your HOA is responsible for the upkeep of street light poles, placing of private signs of any type onto county owned sign poles or Centerpoint owned light poles is expressly prohibited. Please do not subject yourself to the embarrassment of having your signs removed by the HOA or receiving a ticket from the sheriff who patrols the district. The HOA can now levy civil fines related to the costs of clean-up but the MUD has already authorized the issuance of citations as needed. DO NOT GLUE OR TAPE SIGNS TO ANY OF THE SIGN OR LIGHT POLES!!!
- Please clean up after your pets. Enough said?
- Lastly, a quick reminder that Steve Breard has volunteered to continue collecting aluminum cans for the neighborhood with all proceeds going to the capital improvement fund for our pool. So far for 2018, we have collected $20.00. Remember each dollar made by the HOA through recycling is a dollar that does not have to be covered by our maintenance fees. Please rinse and bag the cans to minimize the attraction to bugs. They can be dropped at 6642 Cove Lake Drive.
Settlers Village Community Association 2018 Maintenance fees have been set at $318 and are now due.
Any Account not paid before January 31 2018 will incur a late fee of $20.00.
Accounts not paid before February 28, 2018 will incur an additional late fee of $40.00
All unpaid fees after January 31, 2018 carry a finance charge of 6% per annum
Accounts not paid before March 31, 2018 may be turned over for legal action, in which case, all costs are the responsibility of the delinquent owner. Those fees can range from $150.00 to $2,000.00.