FROM YOUR HOA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF SETTLERS VILLAGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. HELD A BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING ON TUESDAY, February 7, 2018 AT 6:30 PM AT THE SETTLERS VILLAGE CLUBHOUSE AT 6700 SETTLERS VILLAGE DRIVE, KATY, TX 77449
PRESENT: Director Kim D Rogers, Director Lance Berndt, Director Aungela Thomas and Director Tulibelle Igartua-Martinez. Director Rick Davenport was absent.
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 p.m. by Director Rogers. The agenda was unanimously approved and adopted as presented. The minutes of the October 10, 2017 meeting were reviewed and approved. The Crest Manager reviewed the December 2017 financials.
Kent Patterson from Signarama came to the Board meeting to present their bid for the LED sign to put by the Clubhouse. Rafael Tovar with 4D signworx was next to present their LED sign as well. His Company also does monuments and had bids for the new monuments off West Little York. The Board looked at the layout for both LED sign and Monuments and asked him to redo the Monuments a different way. Instead of a rectangle shape monument that will sit at a 45-degree angle, can they do a U-shape monument. They will draw it up and send it over for review. The Board review all the bids and voted to approve the Signarama bid. The funds will come out of the Reserve Account.
Movie Night will be Saturday, February 17th from 6:00pm – 9:00pm and the Board approved to play Cars 3. Flyers will go out to announce the event. Easter Egg hunt was approved for March 31st from 9:00am – 11:00am and the Board approved to get 2,000 eggs. 5 Golden Eggs will also be placed out during the event with Special Awards for finding the golden egg. The Board approved $10.00 gift cards for the gift. Two age groups will be done, 5 and below and 6 and above. Drinks and cookies will be provided at this event. The pool tags handout dates were set for May 12th and 19th from 9:00 – 11:00am. If a homeowner misses these two dates, they are to call Director Cones and Director Igartua-Martinez to get pool tags.
The Collection and Deed Restriction Enforcement Actions reports were presented. The Board approved to send two homes into Foreclosures for non-payment. There were 23 homes on the Deed Restriction Enforcement Action Report, the Board approved to send 21 homes to the Attorney office. The next Board Meeting will be on Wednesday May 2, 2018 at 6:30pm.
The Legal Status report was reviewed in Executive Session. Ms. West will follow up with request from the Board on action to take. After a motion and a second, the Board unanimously approved to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 p.m.
- Please remember that property owners are contractually obligated for both maintenance fees and for the maintenance of the property regarless if you choose to rent the property out. Please take the time to mow and edge your yard. Trim back the trees and bushes (which can also hide would-be burglars). Keep your fence in repair and the house painted as needed. If your sidewalk or drive-way needs repair, get it done before someone gets hurt and sends you a lawsuit for your inattention. Residents should be aware that the HOA fronts the legal expenses for deed restriction enforcement. But the Board will come back to the property owner for reimbursement of those costs which will include an assortment of expensive administrative fees.
- Please also be aware that trailers, boats, RVs must be stored out of sight on your property. The actual by-laws require them to be stored outside of Settlers Village but inside a closed garage or in the backyard as long as they are below the fence line and out of sight is also acceptable. Covering an item with a tarp is not acceptable. Nor are they allowed to be parked inthe street in front of your home. Derelict and wrecked vehicles are expressly prohibited.
- Please remember the rules regarding personal sign postings. Because your HOA is responsible for the upkeep of street light poles, placing of private signs of any type onto county owned sign poles or Centerpoint owned light poles is expressly prohibited. Please do not subject yourself to the embarrassment of having your signs removed by the HOA or receiving a ticket from the sheriff who patrols the district. The HOA can now levy civil fines related to the costs of clean-up but the MUD has already authorized the issuance of citations as needed. DO NOT GLUE OR TAPE SIGNS TO ANY OF THE SIGN OR LIGHT POLES!!!
- Please clean up after your pets. Enough said?
- Please do not block sidewalks - particularly when parking in your driveway. While the sidewalks are indeed the responsibility of each homeowner, state law requires that the walkway remain clear. Believe it or not, you can be cited for blocking the sidewalk thru-way (I just found this out).
- Lastly, a quick reminder that Steve Breard has volunteered to continue collecting aluminum cans for the neighborhood with all proceeds going to the capital improvement fund for our pool. So far for 2018, we have collected $39.00. Remember each dollar made by the HOA through recycling is a dollar that does not have to be covered by our maintenance fees. Please rinse and bag the cans to minimize the attraction to bugs. They can be dropped at 6642 Cove Lake Drive.